Here are some of the ways we protect you:
- Protecting and securing your personal and financial information through responsible information collection and processing.
- Protecting against threats 24/7, real-time monitoring for suspicious account activity.
- Providing resources to help you identify fraudulent activity.
- Providing options to set up alerts via online banking.
How to recognize and prevent fraud:
Important: Never provide access codes, PIN numbers, or personal and financial information via email, text, or to unsolicited callers. Wichita Federal Credit Union(WFCU) will never call you to ask you for this information. If you receive an email or text from WFCU and you're unsure if it's real, don't click on any links.
The first thing to look for: Any unauthorized transaction on your account statements or in your transaction history.
Unsolicited emails: Phishing attacks, typically communication that attempts to lure individuals into providing personal information, can be challenging to distinguish from legitimate emails. Watch for these clues:
-Subject Lines that demand urgent or immediate action.
-Odd or unfamiliar senders.
Unsolicited texts: As with fraudulent emails, fraudulent text messages often suggest urgent action, attempting to get you to act quickly before you have time to read and examine the message carefully. They often don't address you by name and contain obvious grammar and/or spelling errors.
Unsolicited calls: WFCU will never call members asking for private account information.
1. Keep your contact information with the credit union up to date.
2. Never click on links in unsolicited emails demanding action to your account.
3. Never respond to or click on links in unsolicited text messages claiming to be from the credit union.
4. Never give account access details to anyone who calls you unexpectedly claiming to be with the credit union. If you are unsure, hang up, and call 316.941.0600.