2018 Dana Winkler Scholarship Application
Each year, Wichita Federal Credit Union (WFCU) awards up to eight $1,000 scholarships to qualified applicants for the following fall semester. The volunteers of the Scholarship Committee review scholarship applications and determine scholarship recipients. WFCU employees, officials, and immediate family members (spouse or domestic partner, child, step-child, or sibling) are not eligible.
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please follow the instructions below.
Applicants must meet the following criteria prior to applying for a scholarship:
1) Must be a current member of WFCU for a minimum of twelve (12) months, and account must be in good standing.
2) Must be between 15-25 years of age, and either a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate college student enrolled in a post-secondary school.
3) Must have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
4) Previous recipients of the Dana Winkler Scholarship should note that you cannot receive this scholarship more than twice in succession. For example, if you were awarded a scholarship in 2016 and 2017, you are not eligible for the 2018 award. However, you are encouraged to apply again in 2019.
To receive an application:
Eligible WFCU members have three options for obtaining an application:
1) Online- Download and print the application here: Scholarship Application
2) Call- 316.941.0600 to request an application to be mailed or e-mailed to you
3) Come by- Any WFCU Office for an application
To submit an application and required documents:
Once completed, the application and required documents can be submitted in their entirety electronically - one of 2 ways:
1) Online- Enter your information in the form below. Upload required documents by 11:59pm CST, April 1, 2018. Submissions are time stamped and will not be accepted after the deadline.
2) Email- Email the completed application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are time stamped and will not be accepted after the deadline.
If for any reason the application and required documents cannot be submitted electronically:
1) Mail to the following address: Wichita Federal Credit Union, Att.: Amanda Westerman, Scholarship Coordinator, 9835 E. 21st St N., Wichita, KS 67206
2) Envelope must be postmarked before April 1, 2018.
3) Call 316.558.9504 or email email@example.com to notify us that your application has been mailed to the above address.