2019 Dana Winkler Scholarship Application
Each year, Wichita Federal Credit Union (WFCU) awards up to eight $1,000 scholarships to qualified applicants for the following fall semester. The volunteers of the Scholarship Committee review scholarship applications and determine scholarship recipients. WFCU employees, officials, and immediate family members (spouse or domestic partner, child, step-child, or sibling) are not eligible.
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please follow the instructions below.
Applicants must meet the following criteria prior to applying for a scholarship:
1) Must be a current member of WFCU for a minimum of twelve (12) months, and account must be in good standing.
2) Must be between 15-25 years of age, and either a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate college student enrolled in a post-secondary school.
3) Must have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
4) Previous recipients of the Dana Winkler Scholarship should note that you cannot receive this scholarship more than twice in succession. For example, if you were awarded a scholarship in 2017 and 2018, you are not eligible for the 2019 award. However, you are encouraged to apply again in 2020.
To receive an application:
Eligible WFCU members have three options for obtaining an application:
1) Online - Download and print the application here: Scholarship Application
2) Call - 316.941.0600 to request an application to be mailed or e-mailed to you
3) Come by - Any WFCU branch for an application
To submit an application and required documents:
Upon completion, the application and required documents must be submitted in their entirety electronically - one of 2 ways:
1) Upload (Preferred method) - Upload all materials below.
2) E-mail (If not able to upload) - All materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be contacted in May, 2019 as to whether they are chosen or not. Good luck to each of you!
(Note on Transcripts: Colleges and/or Universities may elect to send transcripts directly to: Wichita Federal Credit Union, Att.: Amanda Westerman, Scholarship Coordinator, 9835 E. 21st St N., Wichita, KS 67206)