Wichita Federal Credit Union is committed to ensuring equal access to our products and services for individuals with disabilities. If you have a request for auxiliary aids or services or reasonable modifications, please call us at 316.941.0600 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members with disabilities who experience difficulty using our website, please call us at 316.941.0600 or send us an email at email@example.com.
WFCU relies on coding practices known as ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications). Due to limited compatibility with older browsers such as Internet Explorer 6/7, we strongly recommend using the latest version of your web browser for the best experience. In addition to compatibility with ARIA, keeping your browser up to date is a good practice for security and overall performance.
Recommended Browser and Assistive Technology Combinations
- For Windows users: JAWS and Internet Explorer or NVDA and Firefox
- For Mac users: VoiceOver and Safari
- For mobile users: VoiceOver for the iPhone and TalkBack for Android devices
For more information about Web Accessibility and ARIA, please visit the external website: Web Accessibility Initiative of the W3C
Free Screen Reader Options
For users that wish to use a screen reader, there are free options available:
Windows: NVDA is a free and open source screen reader for Microsoft Windows operating systems, which can be obtained at http://www.nvda-project.org.
Mac: VoiceOver comes with Mac OS X operating systems by default (Mobile and Desktop). If for some reason VoiceOver is not installed, it can be downloaded for free from: http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/downloads.html
To Zoom Into Your Computer's Screen
To zoom in on your computer's screen:
- Click on the “Start” button. For keyboard users, you can either press the “Windows key” or press “Ctrl and Esc”
- Open "All Programs"
- Open "Accessories"
- Open the "Magnifier" application
- Press the "Windows key" and "+" simultaneously
Mac OS X:
- Open "System Preferences" from the "Apple menu"
- Open "Universal Access" and click on the "Seeing" tab
- Check the box under "Zoom" to "ON"
To Change the Color or Font Settings On Your Browser
To change the color or font settings on your browser, follow these steps:
Internet Explorer: Select Tools > Internet Options > General > click on Colors, Fonts, or Accessibility
Mozilla Firefox: Select Options > Content > Fonts & Colors
Safari: Select Preferences > Advanced
To Zoom Into Your Browser
To zoom in or out in your browser
Windows: While holding down on the ‘CTRL’ key, press the ‘+’ key to zoom in, or while holding down on the ‘CTRL’ key, press ‘-’ to zoom out
Mac OS: While holding down the ‘COMMAND’ key, press the ‘+’ key to zoom in, or while holding down the ‘COMMAND’ key, press ‘-’ to zoom out
WFCU is taking steps to improve our HTML emails, in the interim we provide an accommodation offering text-only versions. Depending on your email client, here are some basic steps to accept text-only emails:
- Select File, then Options
- Select Trust Center
- Activate Trust Center settings... button
- Select Email Security
- Check Read all standard mail in plain text
While there is no explicit method to accept text only versions of our emails, there is a work around in place for individual messages:
- Open the email from WFCU
- Activate the More menu specific to the email
- Arrow down to the "Message text garbled?" option
- Hit enter key
- A new window will appear with the text only version