SHRED DAY WEST
Limited to 3 bank boxes per car.
This event is at the WFCU EAST location.
Shredding documents with sensitive information is a great way to protect your identity. Here are some additional positive steps to take which will decrease your risk:
- Don’t give out your SSN unnecessarily (only for tax reasons, credit, or verified employment.) Before providing personal identifiers, know how they will be used and if they will be shared.
- Know your billing cycles and contact creditors when bills fail to arrive in the mail. Review account and credit card statements carefully.
- Don’t give out personal information on the phone, through the mail, or over the Internet unless you initiated the contact.
- Reduce the number of the pre-approved credit card offers you receive: 888-5OPT-OUT
- Order your free annual credit reports online at www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 877-322-8228.